FW: Cheering for the enemy

 

 

Feed: The Buzz
Posted on: Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:18 PM
Author: Siddhartha Talya
Subject: Cheering for the enemy

 

The sight of a sibling celebrating your misfortune can be a heartbreaking, but what Jacques Kallis had to endure was much worse. Adding to the frustration of being caught off a beautifully executed cover-drive during Bangalore Royal Challengers' loss to Chennai Super Kings, Kallis had to bear the unsettling sight of his sister dancing as he trudged back to his team’s dugout.

"I hit one beautifully but it went straight to cover. A couple of feet either side of him and it was four, so I was feeling pretty fed up," Kallis said. "Then, as I started walking off, I looked around at the scoreboard and there was my sister Janine dancing to celebrate my wicket!"

However, it was all taken in good spirit, as Janine was signed up as a cheerleader for Chennai and just doing what she was expected to. Though Kallis still felt, that she could have made a bit of an exception in his case. "The Bangalore girls actually come from America so there was no chance of Janine being with us. I don't mind really...except she really did seem to be doing her job very well when I was out. She didn't have to look so pleased...!"


View article...

0 comments:

Post a Comment