FW: Deconstructing the Batting Powerplay

 

 

Feed: Different Strokes
Posted on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:28 AM
Author: Michael Jeh
Subject: Deconstructing the Batting Powerplay

 

As a general comment, without the benefit of statistics or specific team strategies, I’d have to say that I think the Batting Powerplay has often been more of a negative than a positive to most teams. I didn’t really watch the recent ODI series’ in West Indies and NZ so I can’t comment on them but in games involving Australia, it seems to me that most captains have yet to learn how to best use their Powerplay.

South Africa have used it to best effect thus far, mainly because they have managed to keep wickets in hand and therefore been able to use Albie Morkel’s clean hitting (and to a lesser extent Duminy and Boucher).


View article...

0 comments:

Post a Comment