FW: Hello, I'm Dirk Wellham

 

 

Feed: Inbox
Posted on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:49 AM
Author: Cricinfo
Subject: Hello, I'm Dirk Wellham

 

From James Ozerman, Australia

Does anyone remember the former Australian player and NSW/Tasmanian/Queensland player and Captain Dirk Wellham? When I was growing up in the 1980's he was my cricketer. With some players they are who you want to be as players. To me, he was who I was; a quiet, bespectacled nondescript "outsider" sitting on the fringes of teams, waiting and being overshadowed by events or other players.

Yeah, yeah yeah laugh all you want, I can hear you saying "What, are you kidding me? He was one of the worst players to ever represent Australia!". It's a comment echoed a lot apparently. I decided that I had to do my research on this to prove either he was or he wasn't one of the worst ever to represent his country as he frequently appears on worst Australian teams lists compiled by fans just like myself. What I found may or may not surprise you.


View article...

0 comments:

Post a Comment