FW: The view from Old Blighty - 5

 

 

Feed: Inbox
Posted on: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:33 AM
Author: Cricinfo
Subject: The view from Old Blighty - 5

 

From Andrew Hughes, United Kingdom

It is a truth universally acknowledged that an English cricket lover with an opinion on the IPL must be in want of an Empire. It seems that every one of my irregularly scribbled posts provokes at least one stinging missive from V.Angry of Bangalore, who, presented with a typically shaped stick invariably seizes it firmly by the pointy end and runs off with it, singing the Indian National Anthem.

I don’t know what else to try. I have disavowed county cricket, I have proclaimed my profound and yawnsome indifference to all things Vaughan and everything that is Bell in the world. I have even paraded my Jeremy Coney fetish for all to see. Yet it avails me naught. The words ‘United Kingdom’ seem to be the only two that certain readers notice. So I might as well give people what they want.


View article...

0 comments:

Post a Comment